Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the Mostly Vegetables by Susan Costner
- 2 cups corn kernels, see note
- 4 vine ripe tomatoes, seeded diced
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded diced
- 1 seedless European cucumber, peeled seeded diced
- 1 1⁄2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 serrano chili, seeded minced
- 1 cup V8 vegetable juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- vegetarian worcestershire sauce, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- creme fraiche, garnish (optional)
- Prepare BBQ for grilling.
- Pull down corn leaves do not detach, remove silk and rewrap. You need about 6 med ears for this.
- Soak corn in water for about 7 minutes.
- Place ears on rack and grill over med hot coals.
- Turn frequently for 10 minutes.
- Cool then husk and cut corn from cob; catch as much corn milk as possible.
- Combine the con and the next six ingredients. Toss and Set aside 1/3.
- Put rest in blender.
- Add garlic; puree.
- Add v8, vinegars, juice, oil, parsley, cumin and puree.
- Transfer to bowl and add reserved veggies.
- Season to taste with sauce, salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours.
- Serve well chilled in chilled bowls.
- Garnish with creme if desired. Omit for Vegan.
- Garnish with cilantro.