1/1 Photo of Roast Chicken With Vegetables
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This one is easy on the cook.....and special enough for Company!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove giblets from chicken& discard (or use to make giblet gravy).
- 2Place chickens into a large shallow roasting pan.
- 3Tuck onions into cavity; squeeze lemon over chicken& tuck into cavity.
- 4Peel& seed squash; cut into 2 inch cubes.
- 5Peel carrots& cut into 2 inch rings.
- 6Peel& quarter potatoes.
- 7Scatter these vegetables around the chickens.
- 8Pour broth over top of everything.
- 9Bake in the center of a preheated 350F oven for 35 minutes.
- 10Meanwhile, slice off dark green portions of leeks, leaving the pale green& white portion intact& slice in half lengthwise.
- 11To wash away the sand, fan the layers under cold running water.
- 12Seed peppers& cut into cubes.
- 13Remove chicken from oven, stir vegetables& baste the chicken.
- 14Scatter leeks& peppers around the chicken and sprinkle with salt& pepper.
- 15Continue roasting, basting 2 or 3 more times, for another 35 to 45 minutes.
- 16Remove chickens to a large platter; remove lemon& onions from cavity& discard.
- 17Pile roasted vegetables around the chickens& serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Chicken With Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (673 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1269.5
- Calories from Fat 633
- Total Fat 70.3 g
- Saturated Fat 20.0 g
- Cholesterol 345.0 mg
- Sodium 482.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.0 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 93.2 g