Cook1 hr 15 mins
This one is easy on the cook.....and special enough for Company!!
Make and share this Roast Chicken With Vegetables recipe from Food.com.
- Remove giblets from chicken& discard (or use to make giblet gravy).
- Place chickens into a large shallow roasting pan.
- Tuck onions into cavity; squeeze lemon over chicken& tuck into cavity.
- Peel& seed squash; cut into 2 inch cubes.
- Peel carrots& cut into 2 inch rings.
- Peel& quarter potatoes.
- Scatter these vegetables around the chickens.
- Pour broth over top of everything.
- Bake in the center of a preheated 350F oven for 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice off dark green portions of leeks, leaving the pale green& white portion intact& slice in half lengthwise.
- To wash away the sand, fan the layers under cold running water.
- Seed peppers& cut into cubes.
- Remove chicken from oven, stir vegetables& baste the chicken.
- Scatter leeks& peppers around the chicken and sprinkle with salt& pepper.
- Continue roasting, basting 2 or 3 more times, for another 35 to 45 minutes.
- Remove chickens to a large platter; remove lemon& onions from cavity& discard.
- Pile roasted vegetables around the chickens& serve.