Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Just my basic fall off the bones roasted chicken with stuffing.
- 1 (4 lb) roasting chickens
- 1 (6 ounce) box Stove Top stuffing mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted, for stuffing
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted, for chicken
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken broth
- Mix stuffing mix with water and 1/4 c melted butter in microwavable bowl; cover. Microwave on high 5-6 minutes until heated through. Fluff with fork.
- Rinse bird; pat dry. Stuff lightly with prepared stuffing. Any extra can be saved for later use, as it is already cooked, or put into a greased casserole and warmed through (approx 5-10 minutes) after chicken is done.
- Place chicken on rack with breast side up in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Brush with 1/2 c melted butter. Combine seasonings; sprinkle over chicken. Pour chicken broth in bottom of baking pan. Cover tightly and bake at 400° for 1 hour. Uncover and bake 30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 180°.
- When chicken is done, remove from pan, unstuff stuffing and use juices to make gravy.