1/1 Photo of Roast Chicken With Rosemary Lemon Salt
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Found this on the Food Network; recipe courtesy of Michael Chiarello and made it for dinner last night. It is an outstanding recipe! The salt mixture forms a light crispy crust and the lemon that is stuffed in the cavity gives off juices that steams the inside, creating a very juicy chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (4 lb) chicken
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 lemon, cut in chunks
- 1Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2Rinse chicken inside and out and dry well.
- 3In a bowl, combine lemon zest, 1 tablespoon minced rosemary, salt and pepper and mix well.
- 4Rub the chicken all over with the olive oil, then rub with the seasoned salt.
- 5Tuck the rosemary sprig and lemon chunks into the chicken cavity.
- 6Place chicken in roasting pan and roast for 15 minutes.
- 7Reduce oven temperature to 375° and continue roasting for about one more hour or until juices run clear when thigh is pierced with a skewer.
- 8The recipe did not state to baste with pan juices, but the next time I make this chicken I will do so.
- 9Remove from oven and let rest for 15 minutes before carving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Chicken With Rosemary Lemon Salt
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.8
- Calories from Fat 280
- Total Fat 31.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 138.0 mg
- Sodium 1292.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 34.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: