1/1 Photo of Roast Chicken With Rosemary Lemon Salt
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Found this on the Food Network; recipe courtesy of Michael Chiarello and made it for dinner last night. It is an outstanding recipe! The salt mixture forms a light crispy crust and the lemon that is stuffed in the cavity gives off juices that steams the inside, creating a very juicy chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (4 lb) chicken
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 lemon, cut in chunks
- 1Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2Rinse chicken inside and out and dry well.
- 3In a bowl, combine lemon zest, 1 tablespoon minced rosemary, salt and pepper and mix well.
- 4Rub the chicken all over with the olive oil, then rub with the seasoned salt.
- 5Tuck the rosemary sprig and lemon chunks into the chicken cavity.
- 6Place chicken in roasting pan and roast for 15 minutes.
- 7Reduce oven temperature to 375° and continue roasting for about one more hour or until juices run clear when thigh is pierced with a skewer.
- 8The recipe did not state to baste with pan juices, but the next time I make this chicken I will do so.
- 9Remove from oven and let rest for 15 minutes before carving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Chicken With Rosemary Lemon Salt
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.8
- Calories from Fat 280
- Total Fat 31.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 138.0 mg
- Sodium 1292.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 34.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: