Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Found this on the Food Network; recipe courtesy of Michael Chiarello and made it for dinner last night. It is an outstanding recipe! The salt mixture forms a light crispy crust and the lemon that is stuffed in the cavity gives off juices that steams the inside, creating a very juicy chicken.
- 1 (4 lb) chicken
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 lemon, cut in chunks
- 1 tablespoon finely zested fresh lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon salt
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Rinse chicken inside and out and dry well.
- In a bowl, combine lemon zest, 1 tablespoon minced rosemary, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Rub the chicken all over with the olive oil, then rub with the seasoned salt.
- Tuck the rosemary sprig and lemon chunks into the chicken cavity.
- Place chicken in roasting pan and roast for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375° and continue roasting for about one more hour or until juices run clear when thigh is pierced with a skewer.
- The recipe did not state to baste with pan juices, but the next time I make this chicken I will do so.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 15 minutes before carving.
Delicious! We all enjoyed the chicken very much - thanks for sharing!
Family loved it. It was so easy to prepare and the end result so succulent. Will keep and make again.
This recipe was great!! I thought I would nibble on it until it was gone before I even got it to the dinner table!! Very moist and I also didn't baste (I am lazy too!!) Thanks for sharing..this is a keeper!