Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is so flavourful. Roast some potatoes alongside.
- 3 lbs chicken, split lengthwise in half
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 8 cloves garlic, flattened
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 6 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons thyme, crumbled
- coarse salt
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Place chicken in large shallow roasting pan.
- Pour oil and lemon juice over.
- Add 8 flattened garlic cloves and parsley and turn to coat chicken.
- Cover and refrigerate 24-36 hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 460 degrees F (230C).
- Remove chicken from marinade.
- Pour 1/3 cup marinade into large bowl (discard remainder).
- Mix 6 pressed garlic cloves, rosemary and thyme into marinade in bowl.
- Return chicken to roasting pan.
- Pour marinade over, season with salt and pepper.
- Bake, skin side up, until cooked through, about 50 minutes.
- Serve with oven-roasted potatoes.
I used two large bone in breasts for this recipe. I was only able to marinate for about 8 hours but still had a very flavorful, moist dish. I decided to put the lemon juice in the maranade in the beginning as the instructions do not mention it. The juice really gives this dish a good zing. Fresh rosemary from the garden and I was all set. Very easy, would work wonderfully for a week night supper but did us well as our Sunday meal.
This was terrific, I marinaded it for 30 hours. It was so tender and full of flavour but not overpowered by the garlic as I thought it may be. I actually served it with a tossed green salad. Well done.