Recipe by katew
This is a one-easy-dish roast !!
Top Review by Leggy Peggy
A wonderful one-dish meal with juicy chicken and plenty of tasty vegetables! I cut up a whole chicken and covered it with slices of bacon, and spread the veggies around. I didn't bother running to the store for red capsicums, so used one each of a large green and yellow. Guests were coming, so I added 750 grams of potatoes, which ensured that no one went hungry. Used homegrown tomatoes and herbs. I was a little short of parsley, so added some snipped chives. Will make this often, but in future I'll also add a sliced onion. I love onion. I love this recipe. Thanks.
- 4 chicken fillets
- 4 thin slices bacon, rindless
- 500 g cherry tomatoes
- 400 g red capsicums, cut into thick strips
- 250 g baby chat potatoes, sliced thinly
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 60 ml olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 220 C.
- Wrap each chicken breast in a piece of bacon.
- Combine vegetables, garlic, salt and pepper in a large, shallow baking dish, mix well.
- Push vegies to the sides of the dish.
- Place chicken in centre, turn to coat in the oil.
- Bake uncovered 25 minutes until chicken is just cooked through.
- Add parsley to vegetables.
- Remove chicken from pan, slice thickly.
- Serve with vegetables and pan juices.