Wendys Kitchen's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces rosemary sprigs, divided (about 2 large or 4 small bunches)
- 2 whole chickens
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 lemons, 1 halved, 1 sliced into eight 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 lb shallot, peeled
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F Line a large roasting pan with 3/4 of rosemary sprigs. Place chickens on top.
- 2Whisk 1/2 cup oil, lemon juice, and honey in a small bowl to blend. Using your hands and beginning at the neck end of chicken, gently lift skin away from breast. Under skin of each chicken, rub 1/4 cup lemon mixture into meat. Drizzle remaining lemon mixture all over outside of chickens.
- 3Place 1 lemon half and 1 shallot inside each chicken cavity; stuff with remaining rosemary sprigs, dividing equally. Season chickens all over with salt and pepper. Place remaining shallots around chickens; arrange 4 lemon rounds on top of each chicken. Drizzle shallots and lemon rounds with remaining 2 tablespoons oil.
- 4Roast chickens, basting frequently with pan juices, for 45 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 425°F and continue roasting until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh registers 165°F and skin is deep golden and crispy, about 10 minutes longer.
- 5Spoon pan juices over chickens, shallots, and lemon slices and serve in roasting pan.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Chicken With Lemon, Honey and Rosemary
Serving Size: 1 (453 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1242.0
- Calories from Fat 813
- Total Fat 90.4 g
- Saturated Fat 23.4 g
- Cholesterol 325.0 mg
- Sodium 320.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 79.4 g