1/2 Photos of Roast Chicken with Lemon and Figs
Amber of AZ's Note:
This recipe is one of those "gee that looks good" as you flip through your cookbooks looking for meal ideas. When you actually do make it, the recipe, to me, is a wonderful treat. I found this recipe in a Weight Watchers cookbook. 6 points
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 400.
- 2Spray a 9 X 13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- 3Trim the ends from 1 lemon: cut into very thin, round slices (about 12).
- 4Place the lemon slices and the figs in the baking dish.
- 5You may want extra lemon slices.
- 6They are really good to eat after they have been cooking under the chicken.
- 7Arrange the chicken breast or pieces.
- 8Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 9Squeeze enough juice from the remaining 2 lemons to equal 3 tablespoons; transfer to a small bowl.
- 10Stir in the brown sugar, vinegar and water.
- 11Pour the lemon mixture over the chicken; cover the baking dish loosely with foil.
- 12Roast the chicken 35 minutes.
- 13Remove the foil and roast, uncovered, basting the chicken twice, until cooked through, 15 minutes more.
- 14With a slotted spoon transfer the chicken, figs and lemon slices with a slotted spooon to a serving platter.
- 15Discard the fat from the pan drippings; spoon over the chicken.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Chicken with Lemon and Figs
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.4
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 332.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 26.7 g
- Protein 31.6 g