Roast Chicken With Lemon and Fennel
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Remove stalks from fennel for another use. Cut bulbs into wedges, removing the core.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet. Scatter fennel wedges around the chicken.
- Cut three of the lemon halves in half again, for a total of 6 pieces. Scatter around the chicken as well. Place the remaining lemon half inside the carcass, then tie the legs together with butcher's twine.
- Sprinkle chicken, fennel and lemon with salt and pepper, and drizzle vegetables with olive oil.
- Roast in preheated oven for 55-65 minutes, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the thigh reads 165°F Remove from oven, cover with foil and let rest 20 minutes before carving and serving.