1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Alison J.'s Note:
This is a winner with family and friends. It's full of lovely flavours. I've made it with bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts as well, and just reduced the stuffing ingredients and cooking time to suit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Use the point of a knife and your fingers to carefully separate the skin from the meat of the chicken across the breast and over the tops of the legs. Just loosen the skin with the knife, then carefully run your fingers underneath. Try not to tear the skin.
- 3Grate the lime and beat the rind into the cream cheese along with the chopped pepper.
- 4Pack the cream cheese stuffing under the skin of the chicken, using a teaspoon, until fairly evenly distributed.
- 5Push the skin back into place, then smooth out the stuffing into an even layer by gently rubbing your hands over the skin.
- 6Put the chicken in a roasting pan and squeeze the juice from the lime all over top.
- 7Roast for 1 1/2 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through. If the top of the chicken becomes too browned, cover the chicken with foil towards the end of the cooking time.
- 8Carve the chicken, spoon the pan juices over top, and serve.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Chicken With Herb Cheese, Chili, and Lime Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 513.9
- Calories from Fat 334
- Total Fat 37.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 171.1 mg
- Sodium 160.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 40.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cream cheese with garlic and herbs