1/8 Photos of Roast Chicken With Grand Marnier Glaze
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Liza at Food.com's Note:
This is my favorite roast chicken b/c it is a little unexpected. Make sure you have a shot of grand marnier while cooking...that is the ritual in our house so we try to make this often!
My Private Note
roast c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 -4 lb) roasting chickens
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 orange, quartered
- 1 onion, quartered
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1Prep the chicken.
- 2Remove the insides and rinse with water and then pat dry. Rub the bird with olive oil and then season with salt, pepper, and rosemary. Place in roasting pan and put the orange and onion quarters inside.
- 3Roast at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Then turn your oven down to 350 degrees for 1 hour more.
- 4While bird is cooking, make your glaze.
- 5Melt the butter, mustard, honey, and apricot jam til bubbly and then take off heat and add grand marnier. Can keep on low to keep warm (altho I think that is a no no w/alcohol, but I always do!).
- 6When there is 40 minutes left of cook time, pour about half the glaze over the bird and then let it finish cooking.
- 7Pull bird out, let rest for 10 minutes so juices can recollect. After carving it up and putting meat on platter, drizzle the pieces with the rest of the glaze.
- 8Garnish with fresh rosemary sprigs.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Chicken With Grand Marnier Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 822.1
- Calories from Fat 545
- Total Fat 60.6 g
- Saturated Fat 19.2 g
- Cholesterol 190.9 mg
- Sodium 427.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 25.9 g
- Protein 39.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: