Recipe by Ceezie
At Hamersley's Bistro in Boston, this chicken is served with roasted potates and onions. The marinade is more like a wet rub. Prep TIme includes letting the chicken marinade. Recipe Source: Relish Mag
Top Review by I'mPat
A wonderful moist chicken with lots of flavour and a sauce/gravy that compliments it so well. I used a 1.5k chicken which was cooked to perfection at 175C fan forced in 1.5 hours and I tented in alfoil for nearly an hour while waiting on the roast vegies cooking (was late getting them prepareed and in the oven). For the sauce/gravy as I was unsure it my corningware would be alright on the stove top I added the both and lemon juice to the dish and whisked stiring up all the browned bits and strained into a pot and then added the garlic pulp and whisked and then simmered on the stove top but we like our sauce/gravy on the thicker side so I added some cornflour/cornstarch which had been dissolved in a little water which thickened the sauce/gravy and gave a silken gleam to it as well. A meal thoroughly enjoyed but I may add it did looked rather burnt on the outside due to the marinade but did not have that burnt taste at all. Thank you Ceezie for a great recipe, made for Please Review My Recipe.
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 shallots
- 1 tablespoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried herbes de provence
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 (3 lb) chicken
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 head garlic (unpeeled)
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare marinade, combine all marinade ingredients in a food processor; process to a paste. To prepare chicken, coat chicken with marinade. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Season chicken with salt and pepper; place on rack in roasting pan. Wrap garlic in foil and place alongside chicken. Roast 1 1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted in thigh registers 170°F Remove from oven and let rest 20 minutes.
- Reserve pan juices in the roasting pan. Add broth and lemon juice. Squeeze roasted garlic cloves into broth mixture. Whisk, stirring to loose brown bits, and simmer until slightly thickened. Serve with chicken.