2 hrs 10 mins
Terri F.'s Note:
You'll love this one if you like garlic!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 lb) whole roasting chickens
- salt, to taste
- pepper, freshly ground,to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley
- 3 sprigs fresh celery leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- 40 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 loaf crusty French bread
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Season chicken inside and out with salt and pepper.
- 3Pour olive oil into large roasting pan (pan must have a tight fitting lid).
- 4Place peeled garlic cloves inside chicken.
- 5Tie 1 sprig each of rosemary, thyme, parsley, and celery leaves together and place inside chicken.
- 6Place chicken in pan and turn to coat all sides with oil.
- 7Scatter 40 unpeeled garlic cloves around chicken, along with remaining herbs and bay leaves.
- 8Pour white wine over all.
- 9Cover tightly, first with heavy duty foil, then with lid.
- 10Roast for 90 minutes to 2 hours or until chicken is fork tender and juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a fork.
- 11Slice french bread and toast in oven until golden.
- 12Transfer chicken to a warm serving platter.
- 13Remove garlic cloves from roasting pan, pinch to remove skins, and place in a small serving bowl.
- 14Mash garlic with a fork until smooth.
- 15Serve chicken with pan juices, toasted bread, and garlic for spreading on bread.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Chicken with Garlic and Herbs
Serving Size: 1 (370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1011.6
- Calories from Fat 400
- Total Fat 44.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 106.9 mg
- Sodium 981.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 46.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: