Recipe by Laurawombat Garcia
I found this in the 5 Ingredients Cookbook. Haven't tried it, but I will soon. I think will use apricot preserves for this.
- 1 cup apricot preserves or 1 cup peach preserves
- 1⁄2 cup snipped dried apricot
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2⁄3 cup purchased basil pesto
- 1 (5 lb) roasting chickens
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl stir together preserves, apricots and ginger.
- Remove 1/3 cup of mixture and place in small bowl.
- Stir in pesto; set aside.
- Set aside remaining reserve mixture for sauce.
- Rinse inside of chicken; pat dry.
- Slip your fingers between skin and breast meat of bird.
- Spoon some pesto mixture under skin and over breast meat.
- Spread some pesto mixture into body cavity.
- Rub remaining mixture over outside of chicken.
- Twist wingtips under chicken.
- Place chicken breast side up in a shallow roasting pan.
- Roast uncovered in a 325°F oven for one and 1/4 to 2 hours or until drumsticks move easily in sockets and chicken is no longer pink.
- Let stand 10 minutes before carving.