Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Got this from Everyday Food. I made it tonight and it was so good. I used pick of the chick instead of a whole bird.
- 1 whole chicken, rinsed and patted dry (3 1/2-4 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- coarse salt
- ground pepper
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 loaf crusty white bread, torn into chunks (8 ounces)
- 1 bunch arugula, cleaned and dried (12 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place chicken on a rimmed baking sheet; rub with 2 tablespoons oil.
- Sprinkle with thyme.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Squeeze lemon into cavity; place inside.
- Roast chicken until juices run clear when pierced between breast and leg or an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of a thigh (avoiding bone) registers 165 degrees.
- Transfer to a rimmed platter.
- Place bread on sheet; toss with cooking juices.
- Season with salt.
- Bake until croutons are golden, 7 minutes.
- Pour any accumulated juices from platter into a bowl; add croutons, arugula, 1 tablespoon oil and vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss.
- . Carve chicken and serve with croutons and greens.