1 hr 15 mins
Got this from Everyday Food. I made it tonight and it was so good. I used pick of the chick instead of a whole bird.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 whole chicken, rinsed and patted dry (3 1/2-4 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- coarse salt
- ground pepper
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 loaf crusty white bread, torn into chunks (8 ounces)
- 1 bunch arugula, cleaned and dried (12 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Place chicken on a rimmed baking sheet; rub with 2 tablespoons oil.
- 3Sprinkle with thyme.
- 4Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Squeeze lemon into cavity; place inside.
- 6Roast chicken until juices run clear when pierced between breast and leg or an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of a thigh (avoiding bone) registers 165 degrees.
- 7Transfer to a rimmed platter.
- 8Place bread on sheet; toss with cooking juices.
- 9Season with salt.
- 10Bake until croutons are golden, 7 minutes.
- 11Pour any accumulated juices from platter into a bowl; add croutons, arugula, 1 tablespoon oil and vinegar.
- 12Season with salt and pepper and toss.
- 13. Carve chicken and serve with croutons and greens.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Chicken With Croutons and Wilted Greens
Serving Size: 1 (466 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1149.7
- Calories from Fat 605
- Total Fat 67.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 243.8 mg
- Sodium 1079.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 67.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: