Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is ready to go into the oven in just minutes, so you can kick back and relax with your family while it cooks. If you're not a cilantro fan, substitute parsley. Recipe roots in Spain, Mexico, Southwest. USA,
- 2 cups cilantro or 2 cups fresh parsley leaves
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (3 1/4 lb) skinless chicken, cut in 8 pieces
- 2 (8 ounce) baking potatoes, each cut in 10 wedges, wedges cut in half
- 2 red bell peppers, each cut in 8 wedges, wedges cut in half
- olive oil
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 375*.
- Grease large roasting pan.
- Process Pesto ingredients in food processor until a smooth paste.
- Rub on chicken.
- Place chicken, potatoes and peppers in pan.
- Coat vegetables with cooking spray (or toss in plastic bag with 2 tbls. olive oil); season with salt and pepper.
- Bake 40 minutes, stirring vegetables after 30 minutes, until vegetables are tender and chicken is opaque near bone.
- Serves 4.
This was soooo good! I did vary a little. I rubbed a whole chicken with the pesto, and then cooked it on the rotisserie. It was so pretty and golden brown, and the flavor was out of this world! I didn't cook the potatoes because we are restricting carbs, so I served the chicken with green beans. Thank you.
I thought this was delightful, Sharon123. It was very easy to prepare, had lots of flavor, and it went quite well with the wonderful Southwestern Coleslaw (No Dairy) that I served with this dish. My advice to others is double the red bell peppers in this recipe, because the bites of chicken that included delicious bits of cooked red pepper were extremely delicious! I will definitely make this recipe again (and again and again). Yum! Made for the ongoing Spain & Portugal tag game.
I used a whole chicken and placed the pesto under the skin and on top. I placed the potatoes and carrots (we can not eat peppers) around the chicken and they bathed in the pesto juices. The chicken was very moist and the vegetables were done perfectly. Made for Photo Tag.