Recipe by Sharon123
This is ready to go into the oven in just minutes, so you can kick back and relax with your family while it cooks. If you're not a cilantro fan, substitute parsley. Recipe roots in Spain, Mexico, Southwest. USA,
Top Review by Leta
This was soooo good! I did vary a little. I rubbed a whole chicken with the pesto, and then cooked it on the rotisserie. It was so pretty and golden brown, and the flavor was out of this world! I didn't cook the potatoes because we are restricting carbs, so I served the chicken with green beans. Thank you.
- 2 cups cilantro or 2 cups fresh parsley leaves
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (3 1/4 lb) skinless chicken, cut in 8 pieces
- 2 (8 ounce) baking potatoes, each cut in 10 wedges, wedges cut in half
- 2 red bell peppers, each cut in 8 wedges, wedges cut in half
- olive oil
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375*.
- Grease large roasting pan.
- Process Pesto ingredients in food processor until a smooth paste.
- Rub on chicken.
- Place chicken, potatoes and peppers in pan.
- Coat vegetables with cooking spray (or toss in plastic bag with 2 tbls. olive oil); season with salt and pepper.
- Bake 40 minutes, stirring vegetables after 30 minutes, until vegetables are tender and chicken is opaque near bone.
- Serves 4.