Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Tasty and Easy. Serve with steamed rice.
Make and share this Roast Chicken with Chutney, Honey and Soy Glaze recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup mango chutney
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 5 lbs chicken pieces
- In a blender, blend the chutney, soy sauce, honey, ginger, lemon zest, lemon juice and Tabasco until smooth.
- In a pan large enough to hold chicken pieces, pour marinade over chicken, cover and chill, for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Arrange the chicken, skin side up, on a well-buttered rack over a roasting pan (or on bbq grill), reserving the marinade, and roast, in a preheated 400F (190C) oven, basting it 4 times with the reserved marinade, for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until cooked through.
Delicious flavors in the marinade! I plan to use this marinade on venison too. I roasted in the oven (it took my chicken an hour to cook), and the only problem was that the chicken skin charred, even though I kept basting it. Next time I'll try a cooler oven. Good recipe! Thanks~