This is from Real Simple. Sounds like a wonderful Fall dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 400°F.
- 2Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Rinse the chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Season the chicken with 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper and cook until golden brown on each side, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- 3Add the onion and squash to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes.
- 4Add the broth, sage, and the remaining pepper and bring to a boil.
- 5Return the chicken to skillet. Transfer to oven and cook until the squash is tender and the chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, pour about 1/2 inch of water into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Fit a steamer basket in pan. Place the broccoli in steamer, cover, and steam until just tender, about 3 minutes.
- 7Transfer the chicken and vegetables to a plate and serve with the broccoli.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Chicken With Butternut Squash
Serving Size: 1 (384 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.7
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 72.5 mg
- Sodium 171.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 28.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves