Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is from Real Simple. Sounds like a wonderful Fall dish.
Make and share this Roast Chicken With Butternut Squash recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Rinse the chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Season the chicken with 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper and cook until golden brown on each side, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the onion and squash to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes.
- Add the broth, sage, and the remaining pepper and bring to a boil.
- Return the chicken to skillet. Transfer to oven and cook until the squash is tender and the chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour about 1/2 inch of water into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Fit a steamer basket in pan. Place the broccoli in steamer, cover, and steam until just tender, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken and vegetables to a plate and serve with the broccoli.
Not what I was expecting, this was quite an odd dinner.
Yes it was good ... cooking time was longer when I made dinner for 4. Chicken was over done. I learned my lesson ... cook the squash longer before baking in the oven.
Very good! I loved the sage in this dish. I ended up cooking it all on the stovetop and it worked out great. Thanks for a great dish!