Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found this in Gourmet magazine. Sounds very good! Tahini is a middle Eastern sesame paste.
- 2 lbs asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄3 cup well-stirred tahini
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Put oven racks in middle and lower thirds of oven and preheat oven to 450°F.
- Toss asparagus with 1 TBSP oil, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper in a 15 x 10 inch shallow baking pan. Roast on bottom rack, shaking pan once or twice, until just tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pat chicken dry and sprinkle all over with 1/2 tsp salt and remaining 1/4 tsp pepper. Heat remaining 2 TBSP oil in ovenproof skillet (not non-stick) over med-high heat until hot but not smoking, then brown chicken, turning over once, until golden (about 6 minutes total).
- Transfer skillet to middle of oven and roast until just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- While chicken roasts, puree tahini, water, lemon juice, sugar, garlic, and remaining 1/2 tsp salt in a blender until smooth, about 1 minute. (Add more water if sauce is too thick).
- Serve chicken and asparagus drizzled with some of the sauce and with remaining sauce on the side.
Excellent recipe! I pan seared the chicken first, then set aside to drain, and I used the remaining oil and chicken juices on the asparagus. This was quick, simple and full of flavour. I barely had time to snap a picture before it was devoured. Yummy! Thanks jovigirl!
This is a new favorite for my husband and me, not to mention it is very quick and easy to make. The roasted asparagus and tahini sauce complement each other beautifully - I wish I had made more asparagus so that I could keep eating it (5 stars)! The chicken with was also very good with the tahini sauce (4 stars). I served this meal with wild rice, but I think it would also go well with roasted potatoes or a fresh fruit salad.