1/1 Photo of Roast Chicken With Asparagus and Tahini Sauce
Found this in Gourmet magazine. Sounds very good! Tahini is a middle Eastern sesame paste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put oven racks in middle and lower thirds of oven and preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2Toss asparagus with 1 TBSP oil, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper in a 15 x 10 inch shallow baking pan. Roast on bottom rack, shaking pan once or twice, until just tender, about 10 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, pat chicken dry and sprinkle all over with 1/2 tsp salt and remaining 1/4 tsp pepper. Heat remaining 2 TBSP oil in ovenproof skillet (not non-stick) over med-high heat until hot but not smoking, then brown chicken, turning over once, until golden (about 6 minutes total).
- 4Transfer skillet to middle of oven and roast until just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- 5While chicken roasts, puree tahini, water, lemon juice, sugar, garlic, and remaining 1/2 tsp salt in a blender until smooth, about 1 minute. (Add more water if sauce is too thick).
- 6Serve chicken and asparagus drizzled with some of the sauce and with remaining sauce on the side.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Chicken With Asparagus and Tahini Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (406 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.8
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 850.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 36.3 g