Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
The sweet but sophisticated flavours of this dish appeal to adults and kids alike.
Make and share this Roast Chicken with Apricot-Rosemary Glaze recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 1⁄2 cup apricot nectar
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 (3 1/2 lb) chicken, each cut into 8 pieces,patted dry
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Position one rack in top third and 1 rack in bottom third of oven; preheat to 450*F.
- Stir preserves, nectar,vinegar, garlic and rosemary in medium saucepan over low heat until preserves melt.
- Transfer 1/2 cup glaze to bowl; reserve.
- Arrange chicken breasts and wings on 1 large rimmed baking sheet.
- Arrange thighs and drumsticks on second rimmed sheet.
- Brush chicken with 1 cup glaze; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast until chicken is cooked through and glaze forms sticky coating, brushing 2 more times with remaining glaze in pan, about 1 hour.
- Increase oven temperature to 500*F.
- Roast until chicken begins to brown, about 10 minutes longer.
- Transfer chicken to platter.
- Scrape pan juices and any browned bits from baking sheets into glass measuring cup.
- Spoon off fat from top of juices.
- Add enough broth to juices to mesure 1 3/4 cups sauce.
- Bring sauce to simmer in small saucepan over medium high heat, whisking in enough reserved glaze to flavor and thicken sauce as desired.
- Serve chicken with sauce.
MarieAlice, what a wonderful recipe! It is so good and easy and it makes the chicken look & taste lovely! It was devoured by all at our Rosh Hashona dinner! We made 4 chickens so as to be able to have some left over for another nosh or meal but everyone liked the meal so much that they all took some home! It was terrific, thanks very much MarieAlice, Diane :)