1/3 Photos of Roast Chicken With a Honey-Lemon Baste
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
There are several similar recipes on Zaar, but I haven't seen one exactly like mine. It's so quick and simple, especially when you don't have much time and just want to chuck something in the oven .... PS: Zaar insists on saying "chickens". We're talking ONE nice chicken, singular ...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350 deg F/180 deg Celsius.
- 2Use a plump chicken, and remove any loose fat. Keep whole.
- 3Mix the lemon juice, honey and mustard in a small bowl, heat slightly in a microwave, then whisk to mix.
- 4Add the chopped rosemary to the basting sauce.
- 5*Use a high quality, tangy and grainy mustard.
- 6Put the chicken in an oven dish into which it will fit fairly snugly.
- 7Using a brush, brush the chicken all over, under the wings, along the sides, with the marinade. The leftover marinade goes into the cavity -- turn the chicken round to spread it.
- 8Now sprinkle chicken all over and in cavity with a seasoning salt of your choice. (I use a sea salt to which fine dried herbs have been added).
- 9Don't add any water or oil, as the chicken is just fine as it is, as long as it's not a thin, blue-tinged bird!
- 10Cover chicken lightly -- don't tuck in -- with foil, as the marinade burns easily. Put into oven.
- 11Take OFF the foil after 45 minutes, and let the chicken brown well. Don't let it burn.
- 12Depending on weight chicken is done in 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 hours.
- 13Serve with baby potatoes in the skin and vegetables of your choice, plus a mixed green salad.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Chicken With a Honey-Lemon Baste
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 582.2
- Calories from Fat 315
- Total Fat 35.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 160.4 mg
- Sodium 235.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 26.6 g
- Protein 38.1 g