Recipe by King Lu
A simple and delicious meal. The Sauce adds incredible flavour to the chicken, may not be enough for 4 hungry people. Serve with Potatoes or Basmati rice.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 1⁄2-5 lbs chicken
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
- 8 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 shallots, minced
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms, combination white and brown
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
- In large cast iron casserole melt 1 Tbsp butter in Olive Oil at Med High heat Season the chicken inside and out with salt and pepper.
- Add Rosemary to cavity and tie legs together.
- Set chicken in the casserole on 1 breast, cover and roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Turn chicken onto its other breast, cover and roast for 20 minutes.
- Turn the chicken onto its back add the garlic, shallots and mushrooms, cover and roast for an additional 20 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter and keep warm.
- For the Sauce: Skim the fat from the juices in the casserole.
- Add the wine and boil stirring until the sauce is reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in any collected juices from the chicken platter, add cream and boil until sauce is thick enough to coat a wooden spoon, about 5 minutes.
- Swirl in remaining butter until blended season with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce into a sauceboat and serve with chicken.