Recipe by jodielm
I used a combination of recipes and ideas to make the ultimate stuffing recipe :) It's very quick and easy, but most importantly - DELICIOUS!
Top Review by Annacia
Made for a Valentines dinner this is very good. I added some celery and used mixed bread ends. The cranberries are a great addition. Lots of good flavor and really quick to make. Made for Photo Tag, Share The Love.
- 3 -4 slices bread (pref wholemeal)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1 garlic clove (diced)
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 -2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 -2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 cup chicken stock
- salt and pepper (to season)
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- If you only have fresh bread, take a few slices out about an hour before hand so it goes a bit dry and stale, and tear it into small pieces (this is WAY better than packet crumbs).
- Saute the onions and garlic with a little olive oil in a pan until translucent.
- Season with thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Add cranberries and stir through.
- Add chicken stock and allow to simmer for around 2-3 minutes, until it has reduced by about 1/3.
- Add the bread pieces and stir through, and remove from heat straight away.
- Make sure all ingredients are well combined and add a generous squeeze of lemon for that extra kick. Set aside to rest and cool while you get your chook ready before stuffing.
- Bon apetite.