Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
The herbed potatoes keep the chicken very moist and lend it their flavor. Nice recipe
Make and share this Roast Chicken Stuffed with Herbed Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 12 sprigs parsley, large stems removed
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, pared & diced
- 3 1⁄2 lbs roasting chickens, skin on but as much fat as possible removed
- Process the parsley, garlic, rosemary,thyme and sage until minced.
- Reserve 2 tbsp.
- Put 1 cup of chicken stock in a sauce pan add the herb mixture (reserve the 2 tbsp) and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the potatoes, heat to boil,covered, cook until they are tender but still firm about 15 min.
- let them rest to cool, drain if there is any stock left, and reserve it.
- Spoon half the potatoes into the chicken sew the cavity shut.
- Rub the reserved herb mixture all over the chicken.
- Arrange remaining potatoes around the chicken in the baking dish.
- Spoon some of the remaining broth over the chicken.
- Roast in a 375F oven for 1 hour or until the juices run clear-internal temp 180f degrees.
- Baste the chicken every 15 minutes with the stock.
Wow, this was just great! The whole family loved it and that almost never happens! The herbs gave the potatoes, chicken and the gravy I made from the drippings an incredible flavor. The only thing I wasn't overly thrilled about was the look of the potatoes that were stuffed in the chicken. They tasted great, but they didn't look as good as the ones roasted around. I may make all of them outside next time, but other than that, I am so glad I tried this recipe. A little extra effort makes a plain old chicken into an elegant meal! I tried to get a picture but all they left was a lonely old leg :) Thanks!
Not too complicated and too too delicious. And great to make ahead! Thanks! (I didn't bother basting, and mine came out just fine)
Pretty tasty! Loved the potatoes. I stuffed the chicken with onions instead of the potatoes, for more flavor and just put the potatoes around the chicken. I'll make it again. I think there are a lot of different options that can be done with this recipe. It's very versatile.