Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Wanted something different for my roast chicken and just grabbed a few spices - the result was fabulous. I used this on a roast chicken, but would be great on grilled or bbq thighs or breast pieces as well.
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried lemon grass
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- olive oil (optional)
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl.
- For roast chicken rub with olive oil them massage in spice mix.
- For chicken thighs or breast coat pieces in spice mix and massage inches.
- Cook as desired and enjoy.
I did not have the lemon grass. I thought the Thyme was too crunchy, and my wife did not like the sage.
Used this rub on my roasted chicken and boy was it great! Perfect blend of seasonings
the mixture of spices sounds kind of odd, but they really work. I have made this twice and both times DH has raved about the chicken. Try it, you won't be disappointed.