Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fresh peaches and goat cheese headline this simple no-cook salad recipe. The 8-ingredient vinaigrette, made with pantry staples, takes minutes to make and is a delicious compliment to the other ingredients in the salad. Use a store-bought rotisserie chicken to save time in the kitchen. From Cooking Light
- 36.97 ml balsamic vinegar
- 22.18 ml olive oil
- 22.18 ml shallots, minced
- 12.32 ml fresh lemon juice
- 12.32 ml maple syrup
- 3.69 ml Dijon mustard
- 1.23 ml kosher salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
Rest of Ingredients
- 473.18 ml rotisserie-cooked chicken, shredded
- 473.18 ml peaches, peeled & sliced
- 118.29 ml red onion, sliced vertically
- 59.14 ml pecans, chopped & toasted
- 141.74 g gourmet salad greens
- 29.58 ml goat cheese, crumbled
- Combine first 8 ingredients; stir with a whisk.
- Combine chicken and remaining ingredients except cheese in a large bowl. Add vinegar mixture; toss gently. Sprinkle with cheese.
Wow! Great recipe. I made a few changes :P because I didn't have maple syrup, so I used honey. I was making chicken stock the same day, so I cooked a split chicken breast and 2 leg quarters with that and used the meat for this dish. I cooked 4 slices of bacon (which I crumbled and added to the salad) and used some of the bacon fat to warm and brown the chicken at dinner time. I also soaked the [thinly] sliced red onion in water before tossing with the salad to remove the bite. I served it with potato pancakes from leftover mashed potatoes, and we had peach cobbler with ice cream for dessert. A wonderful summer meal!