Recipe by Girl from India
This is a wonderful Thai salad from the Femina!! It has a lovely crunch to it.
Top Review by Garlic Chick
I made this recently after planning on it for a long time. I did not know what to do with the juices/butter from cooking the chicken so dumped it in the salad along with the chicken. I love the flavors of this salad. Superb, really. The only drawback to the entire thing was that I found it to be rather acidic so next time I will add some oil to cut the acid from the lemons. Thank you for posting, Girl from India - I love this one.
For the chicken
- 250 g boneless chicken, cubed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns, crushed
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
For the salad
- 2 heads lettuce, chopped
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and sliced (200 g.)
- 2 red capsicums, deseeded and sliced fine (100 g)
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 3 -5 mint leaves, chopped fine
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons peanuts, crushed (60g)
Directions See How It's Made
- For the chicken, Heat butter in a fry pan.
- Add the sugar and let it caramalise a bit.
- Add the cubed chicken pcs and saute well.
- Add the peppercorns, soya and salt.
- Cook till done Cool and cut into strips Keep aside For the salad: Mix the lettuce, cucumbers, capsicum, spring onions, mint leaves and cherry tomatoes in a salad bowl.
- Add the lemon juice and seasonings.
- Toss well Garnish with the chicken strips and crushed peanuts.
- Serve chilled.