1/1 Photo of Roast Chicken Salad
A Neil Perry recipe, I just have to try on one of those busy nights, when I have not much time! But I might cut down on the salt/chilli to half what is listed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 roast chicken
- 1 small Spanish onion, halved and finely sliced
- 1 tomato, finely sliced
- 1/2 mignonette lettuce, leaves washed and torn
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanuts, roasted and crushed
- 1To make the dressing, mix all the ingredients together in a small pot and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and leave to cool or refigerate.
- 2Remove the chicken from the bones and slice thickly across the grain. Put the chicken, onion and tomato in a bowl, drizzle with the dressing and gently toss together. Put the lettuce on a serving plate and arrange the chicken salad on top. Sprinkle with peanuts to serve.
- 3Variation: This is a salad where you can interchange chicken for duck, beef, lamb, quail or even prawns to create a lively, fresh tasting dish.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.8
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 42.5 mg
- Sodium 1053.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 12.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: