Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Whole chicken stuffed with Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs and sun-dried tomatoes, seasoned with garlic and Italian herbs, then roasted to perfection. Served with spaghetti and fresh mozzarella tossed in a savory pasta sauce. From Woman's World magazine. A truly elegant way to do Chicken Parmesan!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, oil-packed, chopped (2 tablespoons oil reserved)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 roasting chicken, 6-7 lbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 head garlic, halved crosswise
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) jartomato-basil pasta sauce
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked al dente and drained
- 8 ounces bocconcini, halved (mini mozzarella balls)
- Preheat oven to 350°F Toss onion with 2 teaspoons reserved oil; spread out in center of roasting pan. In bowl, combine cheese, breadcrumbs, sun-dried tomatoes and remaining 4 teaspoons reserved oil. Carefully separate skin from chicken breast. Spread cheese mixture over breast meat and gently pat skin down over mixture to smooth.
- Place chicken on top of onion mixture. Sprinkle chicken with Italian seasoning. Place top half of garlic in chicken cavity; place bottom half in roasting pan. Roast chicken until thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh away from bone registers 180 F, about 2 hours.
- Transfer chicken to serving platter; cover with foil to keep warm. Drain fat and juices from roasting pan, leaving onion. Return 1/4 cup of juices to pan; stir in pasta sauce. Cook over low heat until heated through. Toss spaghetti and bocconcini with sauce. Serve chicken with spaghetti and roasted garlic from pan. Add a mixed green salad and slices of garlic bread along with your favorite wine, and you'll think you're in Italy.