Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I tried this recipe years ago when I found a basic recipe in an old Sunset Living magazine. I have since, in the years, tweaked it to our liking, adding ingredients and changing amounts of others. The cooking at a high temp seals in the moisture of the chicken so that it is always juicy. Do not be alarmed if the outside or skin looks a bit over down, it is not. This is my husband's favorite chicken dish that he request often. Comfort food at it's best! I like to serve this with a green vegetable and rice side dish.
- Preheat oven at 400°F.
- In a baking pan, coat with baking spray.
- In a bowl combine paprika, garlic powder, cajun spices, salt, pepper and brown sugar. Mix together well.
- Place chicken on baking pan, meat side up. Sprinkle chicken with 1/3 of spice mixture, rubbing into the meat.
- Turn chicken over, meat side down, and sprinkle chicken with 1/3 of spice mixture.
- Leaving Chicken in pan, meat side down, place pan, uncovered, in oven and bake 25 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven, and turn chicken over, so that meat side is up. Sprinkle with remaining spice mixture.
- Place pan back into oven and bake another 15 to 18 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and let set 5minutes.