Recipe by dicentra
This is from one of my Food and Wine cookbooks. They say to serve this with a sauvignon blanc from New Zealand
- 1 1⁄2 lbs new potatoes, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 10 garlic cloves
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut in quarters
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 425. In a large roasting pan, toss the potatoes and garlic with 1 ½ tablespoons of the oil and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Put the pan in the upper third of the oven and cook, stirring once, for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile coat the chicken with 1 tablespoon of the oil; arrange the pieces, skin-side up, in a smaller roasting pan.
- Sprinkle the chicken with lemon juice, ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Top each piece of chicken with a piece of the butter.
- Stir the potatoes. Put the chicken in the oven with the potatoes and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the asparagus, the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, and 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper to the potatoes.
- Stir and continue to cook until the chicken, potatoes and asparagus are done, 10-15 minutes longer.
- Remove both pans from the oven. Toss the potatoes and asparagus with the lemon zest. Serve with the chicken.