1/1 Photo of Roast Chicken Legs With Basil and Garlic-Core Ww Friendly
1 hr 5 mins
Prevention's Good Health Cookbook-1994. These succulent chick legs are incredibly easy to prepare: Just season them with fresh herbs, then pop them into the oven with garlic and potatoes. The whole dish is quite low in sodium, so anyone with high blood pressure can enjoy it often. Nutrition Info. From Cookbook: Calories...439 Fat...10.5 g. Sat. Fat...2.6g. Cholesterol...89 mg. Sodium...106 mg.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove all visible fat from the chicken and trim excess skin, leaving just enough to cover the pieces. Carefully lift the skin on each piece and slice 2 basil leaves under it. Replace the skin.
- 2Separate the garlic bulb into individual cloves. Trim the hard end off each clove and remove the peel. Trim any bruises and discard any cloves that are soft or dark. There should be about 12 to 15 whole cloves.
- 3Place the garlic in a 9"x13" baking dish. Top with the chicken.
- 4Squeeze the juice from half of the lemon over the chicken. Remove the seeds from the remaining lemon half and cut into 4 pieces. Add these to the baking dish.
- 5Cut the potatoes lengthwise into spears. Add to the dish. Drizzle with chicken and potatoes with the oil. Sprinkle with the pepper and paprika.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the chicken is tender. Remove the skin before eating.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Chicken Legs With Basil and Garlic-Core Ww Friendly
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 492.3
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 138.6 mg
- Sodium 144.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 34.9 g