1/3 Photos of Roast Chicken in the Crock Pot
I'm going to be using this a *lot this fall and winter. Two and a half hours in the old crock pot followed by a 10-minute broil gives me perfectly roast chicken every time
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Crumple three pieces of aluminum foil and place in the middle of your slow cooker.
- 2Add wine, garlic, onion, celery and carrot.
- 3Place chicken on top of aluminum foil. (You may have to push the chicken down a bit so it'll all fit in there!).
- 4Sprinkle chicken with herbs, salt and pepper.
- 5Set slow cooker to high and cook for 1/2 hour per pound.
- 6When ready, stick a meat thermometer into leg to ensure it is done. Transfer chicken to a roasting pan and set oven to 500º Fahrenheit.
- 7Roast for 8-10 minutes, or until skin is golden brown.
- 8Serve with roast root vegetables, mashed potatoes, or anything else you'd like!
- 9The best part of this recipe? After your done cooking everything, you'll have a considerable amount of jus left over from the chicken. Whisk it with some cornstarch for a truly delicious gravy, or save it in your fridge or freezer for at-the-ready soup stock when you need it in a pinch. (It's so much better than bouillon.).
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Chicken in the Crock Pot
Serving Size: 1 (717 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1134.0
- Calories from Fat 617
- Total Fat 68.6 g
- Saturated Fat 19.6 g
- Cholesterol 340.1 mg
- Sodium 399.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 86.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herbes de provence