1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Rhonda O's Note:
Another great recipe from the Brand Name Recipe Cookbook!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 lb) frying chickens
- 6 tablespoons Kikkoman soy sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, divided in half
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut diagonally crosswise into quarters
- 1 cup water
- 6 tablespoons white wine
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar, packed
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli stems, thawed and drained
- 1Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- 2Combine 2 tablespoons soy sauce and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder. Rub chicken, including cavities, with mixture.
- 3Place in large shallow baking pan.
- 4Roast in 325°F oven 30 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, cook carrots in boiling water about 10 minutes or until tender yet crisp; remove and reserve.
- 6Combine remaining soy sauce and garlic powder, water, wine and brown sugar; pour mixture evenly over chicken.
- 7Roast 30 minutes, basting chicken with sauce twice.
- 8Add carrots and broccoli.
- 9Roast 15 minutes longer, or cook until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- 10Remove chicken to serving platter; surround with vegetables and serve with pan drippings.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Chicken in Kikko-Wine Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (379 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 818.1
- Calories from Fat 466
- Total Fat 51.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 256.1 mg
- Sodium 1805.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 68.9 g