Recipe by Rhonda O
Another great recipe from the Brand Name Recipe Cookbook!
Top Review by heather in Ont,
I can't believe this recipe has not been rated yet. It was delicious. I cooked the chicken in the crockpot for approx. 6 hours but think I will try the oven next time (when the temp. drops a bit)so I can baste it more. The chicken was very tender and juicy. Thanks Rhonda for posting it.
- 1 (3 lb) frying chickens
- 6 tablespoons Kikkoman soy sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, divided in half
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut diagonally crosswise into quarters
- 1 cup water
- 6 tablespoons white wine
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar, packed
- 1 (10 ounce) packagefrozen broccoli stems, thawed and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Combine 2 tablespoons soy sauce and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder. Rub chicken, including cavities, with mixture.
- Place in large shallow baking pan.
- Roast in 325°F oven 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook carrots in boiling water about 10 minutes or until tender yet crisp; remove and reserve.
- Combine remaining soy sauce and garlic powder, water, wine and brown sugar; pour mixture evenly over chicken.
- Roast 30 minutes, basting chicken with sauce twice.
- Add carrots and broccoli.
- Roast 15 minutes longer, or cook until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove chicken to serving platter; surround with vegetables and serve with pan drippings.