1/1 Photo of Roast Chicken & Garlic
2 hrs 30 mins
This is a Pampered Chef recipe that is wonderful! I usually make a large enough chicken or double the recipe to make Chicken Chili the next day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2rinse and pat dry chicken.
- 3slice off top quarter of each garlic head to expose garlic cloves. Separate cloves and discard loose paper skin, but do not peel the cloves. Place ten cloves in cavity of chicken.
- 4Chop Parsley and set aside 1 tablespoons Place the rest in the cavity.
- 5Rub outside of chicken with salt, pepper and paprika.
- 6Coarsley chop carrot and celery and place in roasting pan.
- 7Place chicken over vegetables and cover.
- 8Bake chicken for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- 9Remove lid and continue baking for 15-30 minutes or until thermometer registers 180 degrees in meaty part of thigh and juices run clear.
- 10Remove from oven and tent with foil for 10 minutes. (This is IMPORTANT, as it makes the chicken stay juicy).
- 11Meanwhile, remove garlic cloves. Take about 10-12 cloves and glently squeeze the flesh from the skin and mash.
- 12Strain juices (remove fat) from roasting pan into a saucepan and add the mashed garlic.
- 13Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- 14Stir in reserved parsley.
- 15Carve chicken and serve with sauce poured on top.
- 16***Note*** Sauce can be thickened if you prefer using a little water and cornstarch.
- 17***NOTE*** the left over roasted garlic can be stored in the fridge and used to spice up any meal for days later! I also use this in my chicken chili recipe.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Chicken & Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 554.0
- Calories from Fat 350
- Total Fat 38.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 178.2 mg
- Sodium 383.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 43.1 g