Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This lovely, simple dinner has been taken from a favourite Aussie magazine, Super Food Ideas.
- 350 g baby potatoes, halved
- 300 g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2cm wedges
- 1 large onion, peeled and quartered, put toothpick through each quarter to keep together
- 1 large carrot, peeled and halved
- 2 small parsnips, peeled and quartered
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 4 (150 g) chicken breast fillets
- 75 g Baby Spinach
- lemon wedge, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220 deg C (425 deg F).
- Place vegetables, cumin, salt & pepper into a large bowl, spray with oil and toss until well coated.
- Place vegetables into a hot baking dish (which has been heated for 3 mins in oven) and roast, turning occasionally, for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season chicken with salt & pepper, spray a non-stick pan with oil and heat over high heat, add chicken and cook 2 minutes each side or until golden.
- Place chicken in baking dish under the vegetables and cook both for a further 7 to 10 minutes or until chicken is just cooked through.
- Remove chicken from oven and cover with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Increase oven to 240 deg C (475 deg F), roast vegetables for a further 5 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Arrange spinach on serving plates, top with chicken and roasted vegetables (remove toothpicks from onion quarters) and serve with lemon wedges.