This lovely, simple dinner has been taken from a favourite Aussie magazine, Super Food Ideas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 350 g baby potatoes, halved
- 300 g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2cm wedges
- 1 large onion, peeled and quartered, put toothpick through each quarter to keep together
- 1 large carrot, peeled and halved
- 2 small parsnips, peeled and quartered
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 4 (150 g) chicken breast fillets
- 75 g Baby Spinach
- lemon wedge, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 220 deg C (425 deg F).
- 2Place vegetables, cumin, salt & pepper into a large bowl, spray with oil and toss until well coated.
- 3Place vegetables into a hot baking dish (which has been heated for 3 mins in oven) and roast, turning occasionally, for 25 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, season chicken with salt & pepper, spray a non-stick pan with oil and heat over high heat, add chicken and cook 2 minutes each side or until golden.
- 5Place chicken in baking dish under the vegetables and cook both for a further 7 to 10 minutes or until chicken is just cooked through.
- 6Remove chicken from oven and cover with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- 7Increase oven to 240 deg C (475 deg F), roast vegetables for a further 5 minutes or until golden and tender.
- 8Arrange spinach on serving plates, top with chicken and roasted vegetables (remove toothpicks from onion quarters) and serve with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Chicken Fillets With Cumin Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (387 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.7
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 96.0 mg
- Sodium 220.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 35.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: