Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Australian BH&G Diabetic Living
- 4 chicken drumsticks (skin removed)
- 300 g sweet potatoes (cut into chunks)
- 1 capsicum (red cut into chunks)
- 1 carrot (large cut into chunks)
- 1 onion (brown cut into wedges)
- 1⁄2 bulb of garlic (wrapped in foil)
- cooking spray (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 1 tablespoon oregano (fresh leaves)
- 1 pinch smoked paprika
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 large tomatoes (quartered)
- 1⁄2 lemon (juice of)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- oregano leaves (fresh to serve)
- Preheat oven to 200C fan forced.
- Line a roasting pan with baking paper and put the chicken drumsticks, sweet potato, capsicum, carrot, onion and garlic in the pan and spray the chicken and vegetables with the cooking spray and then sprinkle 1 tablespoon of oregano leaves and the paprika and season with pepper and roast for 20 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan and spray with cooking spray and roast for a further 15 to 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Drizzle lemon juice and vinegar over the chicken and vegetables and top with the oregano leaves and squeeze the pulp from the garlic cloves over the chicken and vegetables to serve.
This is exactly what I was looking for...a healthy, low fat, high nutrition dish that didn't have some sort of sauce or cheese involved. I followed your instructions but added to the ingredients....lots more veggies! (orange cauliflower, eggplant, white potato, purple carrots, extra garlic amongst the veggies,) Next time, I'll use a bigger roaster and add even more veggies...maybe put a layer of kale/spinach under the chicken and add mushrooms, bell peppers, beets, or squash. This dish is so versatile that you can throw in pretty much what you have lying around in the veggie bin & it will come out delicious! Great recipe, I"mPat!.
Very good but think it should cook a bit longer, however I may have been off on the conversion to F - I used 420 degrees F for the oven temp but kept everything else the same (using only one sweet potato).Easy and good!
Love this easy-to-make chicken dish! I knew this healthy one-dish meal would be good and it did not disappoint - it's fantastic! I used 2 leg-and-thigh pieces instead of 4 drumsticks. I had some baby carrots to use so I just added them whole (instead of cutting up a carrot) and that worked out perfectly. 420F for the given cooking time gave us moist and tender chicken, and the dash of red wine vinegar and lemon juice at the end was a perfect touch. Thanks for sharing a keeper!