Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From EatingWell, February/March 2005 This sounds good and I hope to make soon. Well...I made this last night for dinner. It came out pretty good. It was fairly quick and easy to make. I stopped at Costco on the way home from work and picked up one of their roasted chickens for the dish. Next time I will probably use two cans of Lentils. I like them. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can lentils, rinsed (see Tip) or 2 cups cooked lentils (see Tip)
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, preferably fire-roasted
- 1 (2 lb) rotisserie-cooked chicken, skin discarded, meat removed from bones and diced (4 cups)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- Heat oil in a large heavy saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened but not browned, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add curry powder and cook, stirring, until combined with the onion and intensely aromatic, 20 to 30 seconds.
- Stir in lentils, tomatoes, chicken and salt and cook, stirring often, until heated through.
- Remove from the heat and stir in yogurt.
- Serve immediately.
- To cook lentils: Place in a saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until just tender, about 20 minutes for green lentils and 30 minutes for brown. Drain and rinse under cold water.