5 hrs 20 mins
1 hr 20 mins
This dish was very famous and popular during the period of the British rule in India. One of the few places where you can sample this dish today is at Delhi's last surviving English hotel, the Maidens Hotel, in India. If you cannot go there, simply print out this recipe and enjoy it at home;-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together all the ingredients, except the chicken, in a bowl.
- 2Add the chicken to the bowl, mixing it well with the marinade.
- 3Refrigerate for 4 hours minimum.
- 4Remove the chicken and allow the excess marinade to drain.
- 5Pre-heat your oven to 180C.
- 6Place the chicken on a rack that fits into your oven tray.
- 7Pour hot water into the tray.
- 8Allow the chicken to cook for 25 minutes on each side.
- 9Increase the heat to 200C and cook for 20-30 minutes more.
- 10To check if its done, poke a skewer between the leg and the body of the chicken.
- 11If the juice runs clear, it's done.
- 12If the coating on the chicken starts to burn, cover the chicken with foil for the remaining period of cooking time.
- 13Serve hot with rotis or naan.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Chicken Dak Bungalow Style
Serving Size: 1 (696 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1136.0
- Calories from Fat 734
- Total Fat 81.5 g
- Saturated Fat 24.0 g
- Cholesterol 373.2 mg
- Sodium 373.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 88.4 g