Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These chimichangas are oven-browned instead of deep-fried. The filling uses queso fresco. If it's not available, try shredded Monterey Jack.
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded shredded roasted cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup bottled green chili salsa
- Preheat oven to 500°.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl; toss well.
- Spread 1/4 cup beans down center of each tortilla. Top each tortilla with 2/3 cup chicken mixture; roll up. Place rolls, seam sides down, on a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Coat tops of chimichangas with cooking spray. Bake at 500° for 7 minutes. Serve with salsa.