Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Rich, sweet, orangy basil sauce makes this chicken special!
Make and share this Roast Chicken Breasts with Oranges and Basil Cream recipe from Food.com.
- 4 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium thin-skinned oranges, unpeeled
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 cup roughly chopped white onion
- 1⁄2 cup packed chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Rub chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and cinnamon.
- Over high heat, heat oil in roasting pan; when oil begins to smoke, brown the chicken on each side.
- Cut oranges into 6 wedges each.
- Add the orange wedges, garlic, onion, basil, sherry, and melted butter into the roasting pan; stir well, cover and roast in oven for 30 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Remove from oven, stir in cream and simmer on stovetop, stirring, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Serve chicken and sauce with rice.