Rich, sweet, orangy basil sauce makes this chicken special!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium thin-skinned oranges, unpeeled
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 cup roughly chopped white onion
- 1/2 cup packed chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Rub chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and cinnamon.
- 3Over high heat, heat oil in roasting pan; when oil begins to smoke, brown the chicken on each side.
- 4Cut oranges into 6 wedges each.
- 5Add the orange wedges, garlic, onion, basil, sherry, and melted butter into the roasting pan; stir well, cover and roast in oven for 30 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- 6Remove from oven, stir in cream and simmer on stovetop, stirring, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- 7Serve chicken and sauce with rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Chicken Breasts with Oranges and Basil Cream
Serving Size: 1 (451 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 613.6
- Calories from Fat 311
- Total Fat 34.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.3 g
- Cholesterol 240.1 mg
- Sodium 471.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 53.0 g