1/4 Photos of Roast Chicken Breasts With Herbed Cheese
1 hr 10 mins
bluemoon downunder's Note:
As the chicken cooks, the cream cheese just under the skin melts - making the skin beautifully browned and crisp - and forms a sauce over the vegetables. A great dish for dinner parties including, of course, intimate dinners for two. Adapted from a recipe in English chef Lulu Grimes' 'Food, Cook Eat: buy it fresh, cook it simply, eat it now'.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 200ºC (400ºF).
- 2Mix the cream cheese with the garlic and the lemon zest.
- 3Loosen the skin on the chicken breasts and spread 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese between the skin and the flesh on each. Press the skin back in place and season it with salt and freshly ground black pepper, oregano and thyme, or herbs of your choice.
- 4Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and cook the leek and parsnip for 4 minutes.
- 5Drain them well, pat dry them with paper kitchen towelling, and place them in a lightly oiled baking dish. Drizzle with oil and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper, oregano and thyme.
- 6Place the chicken on top of the vegetables and put the baking dish in the oven.
- 7Roast for 40 minutes, by which time the skin should be browned and the cream cheese should have melted so that it forms a sauce over the vegetables.
- 8Check that the vegetables are fully cooked and tender by piercing thenm with a skewer. If they need a little longer, cover the dish with aluminium foil and cook for a further 5 minutes. If the chicken is fully cooked, remove it from the baking dish before returning the vegetables to the oven and put it on a serving plate covered with aluminium foil.
- 9Serve with your favourite potato side dish or a simple mash potato dish, and with green vegetables.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Chicken Breasts With Herbed Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 406.0
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 124.7 mg
- Sodium 194.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 33.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: