Recipe by Norahs Girl
Lovely for a dinner party! I often serve it with buttered noodles and steamed baby vegies such as corn and mange tout.
- 4 -6 chicken breasts (filleted but not skinned)
- 4 ounces ground almonds
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 ounce breakfast oats, soaked in the milk until soft
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- For the Stuffing: Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and place in the fridge,covered,until firm.
- Place stuffing under the loosened skin of the chicken breasts.
- Roast in a shallow pan for between 15 to 20 mins (depends on size of breasts used) at 400°F (200°C).
- Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Add a little stock or water to pan juices and reduce,stirring,over high heat to make a gravy.
- NB I sometimes add 1Tbls red currant jelly to the pan juices to enrich the gravy and add taste.