Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 8 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 large onion, cut in eighths
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 1⁄2 lbs chicken, cut up and skin removed
- Heat oven to 375*.
- Combine potatoes, pepper, onion and mushrooms in 9x13 pan.
- Mix in small bowl,next 6 ingredients.
- Brush 1/2 of this mixture on veggies.
- Place chicken on top.
- Brush chicken with remaining oil mixture.
- Bake for 45 min, basting occ.
Fabulous chicken dish! The chicken was so very moist - especially considered this is skinned before roasting. The flavor combination of the thyme, garlic, and the veggies was wonderful. I loved the easy prep on this - just dump everything into one pan and roast, 45 minutes later,you have a beautiful aromotic, flavorful and filling complete meal, perfect for family or dinner guests. So, so tasty. Thanks for this winner!
My Granny chose this recipe for a roast dinner I prepared for the family. As we already had veggie side dishes, I only did the chicken in the marinade with potatoes. Everyone loved it and I am going to try this again for guests next week following the recipe exactly. Dinner was delayed by a day but I had already done the prep; however, leaving the chicken in the marinade in the fridge for 24 hours only made it better. Thanks!
Made this last night, the kids really liked it. In fact it was the first thing gone on their plates. I didn't have mushrooms, so I used zucchini, next time will definetly use mushrooms (zucchini was mush, but I liked it). I also think marinating the chicken in 1/2 the oil mixture will improve the flavor. Great simple one pan recipy. Thanks for posting