Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A novel way of having a traditional roast chicken, each portion is cooked in foil on the BBQ.
Make and share this Roast Chicken and Stuffing on the BBQ! recipe from Food.com.
- Let your fire or barbecue burn down to embers.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a pan and add the chopped garlic, celery, onions, potatoes and carrot. Add half the thyme. Sweat the vegetables until they are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Chop the chicken livers. Mix together with the drippings and wine. Use this mixture to stuff each of the chickens.
- Stitch up the opening in the chickens with (soaked) wooden toothpicks and rub them with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the chickens with the rest of the thyme, and wrap each one in five layers of foil.
- Bury the foil-wrapped chickens in the embers and cook for 45 minutes. Remove from the embers with tongs and blow off the ash.
- Once cooked, snip open the foil carefully. Pour any juices in to a bowl and put to one side.
- Cut each chicken in half with poultry shears and scoop out the stuffing.
- Serve the chickens on top of the stuffing and pour over the juices. Drizzle some olive oil and thyme around the outside for effect.