1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2If applicable, remove neck and giblets from chicken and reserve for another use.
- 3Rinse chicken with cold water, and drain cavity well.
- 4Pat dry with paper towels.
- 5Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon salt inside cavity.
- 6Place lemon half inside cavity.
- 7Stir together pepper, rosemary, and remaining 1 tsp salt.
- 8Brush outside of chicken with oil.
- 9Rub 2 1/2 tsp pepper mixture into skin.
- 10Sprinkle remaining pepper mixture over both sides of breast.
- 11Place chicken, breast side up, on a lightly greased wire rack in a lightly greased shallow roasting pan.
- 12Add 3/4 cup water to pan.
- 13Bake for 20 minutes; decrease oven temp to 375°, and bake 30 minutes.
- 14Baste chicken with pan juices; drizzle with melted butter.
- 15Bake 15-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in thigh registers 165°, shielding with foil to prevent excessive browning, if necessary.
- 16Remove chicken from oven, and baste with pan juices.
- 17Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 461.7
- Calories from Fat 316
- Total Fat 35.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 147.6 mg
- Sodium 586.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 33.6 g