A little experiment that I discovered my family really likes.
Make and share this Roast Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Wash and dry chicken.
- Pour olive oil onto one hand and coat all of the chicken.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in roaster.
- Cut celery into half inch chunks and apples into eights.
- Place half of celery and half of apple pieces into chicken cavity.
- Place other half around chicken in roaster.
- Slice garlic cloves into slivers.
- Place half of them under the chicken skin in various places.
- Place other half either on top of the chicken skin or around the chicken.
- Place in oven at 350F and baste every half hour or so.
- Depending on size of chicken, roasting time will be hour and a half to three hours.
- If wanted, add a few sprigs of fresh rosemary in and around the chicken.
Loved the apple it gave a sweetmellow taste to the chicken, I must confess I increased the garlic to 1 head. Lovely Sunday dinner thanks Bunsby
Wow!! Very good. Incredibly moist. I followed the directions to a T, only addidng butter AND garlic under the skin. Loved it. My 4 year old gobbled it up!!!
I'm with everyone else! This recipe is FANTASTIC and made an excellent Easter dinner! I chopped Gala Apples, mixed with the celery and some sprigs of Rosemary and stuffed them in the cavity. I rubbed the outside with Olive oil and shook some Rosemary and Sage on top and stuck minced garlic (I hate peeling and chopping fresh, so I always use minced) under the skin in lots of different places. My dh came downstairs from a nap and commented on how great dinner smelled! The fragrance as it cooked was amazing! I served it with 1. Supreme Garlic Mashed Potatoes (#19259) 2. Roast Chicken (#24062) 3. Mother's Cabbage Relish (#38358) 4. Asparagus Salad (#88014) DH raved about the entire dinner and I'm pleased that I made yet another fantastic holiday dinner solely with recipes from Zaar!