1/7 Photos of Roast Chicken
3 hrs 15 mins
A little experiment that I discovered my family really likes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and dry chicken.
- 2Pour olive oil onto one hand and coat all of the chicken.
- 3Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Place in roaster.
- 5Cut celery into half inch chunks and apples into eights.
- 6Place half of celery and half of apple pieces into chicken cavity.
- 7Place other half around chicken in roaster.
- 8Slice garlic cloves into slivers.
- 9Place half of them under the chicken skin in various places.
- 10Place other half either on top of the chicken skin or around the chicken.
- 11Place in oven at 350F and baste every half hour or so.
- 12Depending on size of chicken, roasting time will be hour and a half to three hours.
- 13If wanted, add a few sprigs of fresh rosemary in and around the chicken.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 522.0
- Calories from Fat 312
- Total Fat 34.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 172.5 mg
- Sodium 169.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 43.0 g