Prep 7 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my son's recipe / method and it is awesome. It says it serves four, but you'll want to eat it all yourself. Please try to share ;-) Even though there's turmeric in most curry powders, this recipe benefits from even more—it's so healthy and adds such a great flavor. You can also add other vegetables: garlic, onions, carrots, potatoes, butternut squash, etc. If the head of cauliflower is huge, add more oil and spices as needed. This would also make a great soup base.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a large baking sheet with heavy duty foil or a Silpat baking mat.
- Cut cauliflower into ¾" steaks, then into smaller pieces.
- Mix oil, salt and spices in a large zip-lock bag.
- Add cauliflower pieces and tumble gently to coat.
- Spread out on baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
Very nice dish. I will cut back on the salt next time though. :)
I added lemon pepper, turmeric and madras curry powder AFTER roasting my cauliflower (I didn't look for recipes until late in the game...) it still came out AWESOME! I had roasted the florets in olive oil and added some butter so that it would carmelize & brown. I didn't add any salt because my lemon pepper already had salt included as first ingredient.<br/>So flavorful! Thank you for this simple recipe!