1/1 Photo of Roast Cauliflower With Almond, Pomegranate Seeds and Tahini Sauc
Delicious at room temperature or slightly warm. A middle Eastern style recipe modified from a recipe found on http://desertcandy.blogspot.com where it says, "Don't be surprised if you find you can eat a whole head of roast cauliflower yourself, it's surprisingly addictive."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 410°F (Alternatively you may fry the florettes in a pan with oil, drain on paper towels and sea salt and pepper to taste after).
- 2Place head of cauliflower sideways on a large cutting board, and start slicing about 1/2 inch slices across the top. There will be a mess of tiny florets everywhere, that's okay. When you reach the core, slice the sides of the cauliflower in the same manner. Chop any large florets into smaller bits (about 1-2 inch pieces). Discard the core.
- 3Drizzle olive oil over a large baking sheet. Add all the cauliflower to the baking sheet, drizzle with a bit more olive oil and roll around so that cauliflower is coated. Season well with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 4Roast cauliflower for 16-35 minutes, until browned in spots and large pieces of cauliflower are tender when poked with a knife.
- 5Meanwhile, while cauliflower is roasting, place raisins in a bowl and pour boiling water over the cover. Let sit to plump. Toast almonds in a skillet until lightly browned and fragrant.
- 6Transfer cauliflower to a serving bowl. Drain raisins, and add raisins and almonds to cauliflower, stirring to mix. Drizzle tahini sauce including the garlic option over top (you may not use all of it). Sprinkle pomegranate seeds over top. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Cauliflower With Almond, Pomegranate Seeds and Tahini Sauc
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.2
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 60.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: